February 2018

Image result for the nightingale book

Tittle: The Nightingale

Author: Kristin Hannah

Number of Pages: 440

Rating: 4/5

Image result for All The Light We Cannot See

Tittle: All The Light We Cannot See

Author: Anthony Doerr

Number of Pages: 544

Rating: 5/5

Image result for lord of the flies

Tittle: Lord of the Flies

Author: William Golding

Number of Pages: 248

Rating: 2/5

Reflection:

I think this month was a really good reading month for me, not only did I get through three books which is a big deal for me, but considering they weren’t candy reads and higher level books I did really well this month. I have been really into books that take place during World War II and so all three books that I read this month all took place during that time.

The Nightingale  by Kristen Hannah was a really great book, but I was reading it during a really stressful period of life so I think that ruined the book for me a little. I really liked the character Vianne from the book because I think she was a much more believable and realistic character when compared to her sister Isabel. I thought the author was really good at creating tension so I got really invested in the plot line and characters.

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Deorr, I absolutely LOVED this book! I literally recommend this book to everyone and anyone. I have never read a book in perspective of a person who is blind, and I thought it was so interesting to here a story from that point of view. The way the author describes the world from  Marie-Laure’s point of view is so beautiful, and it inspired me to use senses like touch and smell in my own writing.

Lord of the Flies by William Golding, I thought was a really dull book, and the entire time I was reading I was counting how many pages I had to go because I just wanted it to be over.

This Month:

Pages read in total- 1,232

Pages read per week- 308

Pages read per day- 44

Goal:

I want to try to complete four books this month. One candy read, one medium book, and two high level books.