March 2019

March 2019

Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales

Title: Necronomicon 

Author: H.P Lovecraft

Number of Pages: 878

Read: 200/878

Rating: 5/5

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

Title: City of Bones

Author: Cassandra Clare

Number of Pages: 485

Ratings: 3/5

Image result for the legends of sleepy hollow word cloud classics

Title: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Tales

Author: Washington Irving

Number of Pages: 331

Read: 100/331

Rating: 5/5

Reflection:

I think this was  a pretty good month of reading for me. I managed to read three book although I only completed one, which was a candy read. I still got above reading 20 pages a day so I count that as a success.

I continued to read Necronomicon and it has made it on the list of my favorite books. One of the short stories I enjoyed the most from this month was called In the Vault which is a story of an undertaker who traps himself in a vault where coffins are stored for the winter. While he is trapped in the vault he witnesses the vengeful spirit of a towns person that the undertaker fit in a small inferior coffin by chopping off the corpse’s feet at the ankles. The spirit is outraged and chops off the undertakers feet as revenge.

I was initially really excited to read the City of Bones since I have herd so much about this series but never had the time to read it. I was kind of disappointed by the childish descriptions and thought that this book is more fit for a younger audience in grades 7 and 8.

I have really been into ready horror lately so when I saw The Legends of Sleepy Hollow and Other Tales I immediately got excited because this is such a classic. So far I am loving the authors style of writing and the amount of description in the writing.

This Month:

Pages Read in Total: 685

Pages Per Week: 171

Pages per Day: 24

Goal: I want to read more higher level books for the month of April and read at least 30 pages a day.