May/June 2019

May 2019

The Divine Comedy

Title: The Divine Comedy

Author: Dante Alighieri

Number of Pages: 275

Read: 85/275

Rating; 4.5/5

Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales

Title: Necronomicon 

Author: H.P Lovecraft

Number of Pages: 878

Read: 648/878

Rating: 5/5

Reflection:

This month was really busy so I didn’t take that much time to read everyday which really affected my reading ladder for this month. I still managed to read two high level books which I see as a big accomplishment considering how busy I was. I have read a good portion of Inferno and I really like the character of Virgil because you see so much depth in him. He holds a lot of wisdom and reason ad acts like a guide for Dante. Virgil task throughout the book is to harden Dante’s heart against the sins of hell and you really get to see that development in Dante as the story develops. I also continued to read Necronomicon this month and continue to love the writing and storytelling style of Lovecraft. I’m proud of myself for still taking the time to read this month even though I barely had any time; usually I tend to fall away from reading at this time of the year because things get so busy.

This month:

Pages Read in Total: 243

Pages Per Week: 42

Pages Per Day: 6

Goal: I already read a number of short stories since I am reading Necronomicon so I will make it a goal to read one poem every night along with my normal number of pages which I will try to make at least 30 for next month.

June 2019

The Divine Comedy

Title: The Divine Comedy

Author: Dante Alighieri

Number of Pages: 275

Read: 105/275

Rating; 4.5/5

Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales

Title: Necronomicon 

Author: H.P Lovecraft

Number of Pages: 878

Read: 680/878

Rating: 5/5

Reflection:

June was another busy month but I tried my best to get some reading in and I’m surprised that I got this much in because if felt like I barely read this month. I just continued to read Necromonicon and Inferno which are higher level books so I’m happy with the amount I read out of them with the time I had this month.

Pages Read in Total: 52

Pages Per Week: 13

Pages Per Day: 2

Goal: For the summer I hope to make a dent in the pile of books I have yet to read and also I want to start reading more poetry again.